Dear Muraoka Families,
Thank you again for a successful first week with our new schedule and models! Here are some important reminders about the upcoming week:
Spring Online Book Fair
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online from April 19th – May 2nd! All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more. You’ll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
- Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
- All orders ship direct to home
- FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
- All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair Homepage and click “Shop Now” to get started:
Dogs on Campus
Just a friendly reminder that dogs are not allowed on campus during arrival or dismissal. Thank you for your cooperation.
CVESD COVID-19 Testing Program
If you would like your student to be tested for COVID-19 through the Chula Vista Elementary School District testing program, please register/provide consent by using the personalized link that was sent to you on Thursday, April 9th from the CVESD Office of Communications. If you have already registered your student, you do not need to register again. Testing at Muraoka will occur for the first time on Thursday, April 29th. Appointments are NOT required any longer. You can walk-in to test. If you have more than one student at CVESD, you should have receive an email/text with the link to register each student. Again, links are personalized.
Military Kids Club – Virtual Opportunity
Calling All Military Kids! Make friends! Meet Muraoka’s MFLC! Participate in fun social skills activities, games, and art!
Please contact Ms. Diana to register at (619) 346-3318. There is a maximum of 10 children per group and requires a virtual line of sight from the parent.
Please see the ongoing, 45min group schedule below:
- Fridays Grades K-3 1pm
- Fridays Grades 4-6 2pm
Please contact our office staff if your student will be absent from school for any reason, regardless of whether they are in hybrid or distance learning.
Please note, for students physically at school in hybrid learning, it is very important that parents/guardians speak with our school office staff regarding the reason for any student absence from class. For the health and safety of all students and staff, students who are absent without parent contact will not be allowed back on campus until the parent/guardian discusses the reason for the absence with school office staff.
- If a student is sick, we will ask the parent to confirm which symptoms the student is experiencing.
- If symptoms align with symptoms of COVID-19, the school will follow the COVID-19 Decision Tree in collaboration with the school site nurse.
- If symptoms are part of a chronic condition, the school will work with the school site nurse to determine next steps.
- If symptoms are not a possible symptom of COVID-19, the student will be welcomed back to school after following normal school health protocols.
Here’s to a great week!
Dr. Mahoney and Mrs. Sutton