September 13, 2021
VIRTUAL PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES are being held through this Thursday, September 16. We have MINIMUM DAY dismissal all week- 1:00 for Kindergarten and 1:15 for grades 1-6. Please be sure to schedule a conference!
PLEASE COME TO OUR FIRST ELAC MEETING OF THE YEAR this Thursday, September 16 at 8:30 a.m. at the lunch arbor.
ELAC is our English Learner Advisory Committee. All parents are welcome, but the committee is especially for the parents of Muraoka English Learners. This year, we have an Impact Teacher who will provide small group support for our English Learners who need it most. Learn about the purpose of ELAC, meet our new bilingual Associate Principal, Mrs. Felicitas Rayray; our English Learner Instructional Assistant, Mrs. Marilu Garcia; and our Impact Teacher, Mr. Edel Lopez; and learn about how English Learners are supported at Muraoka.
URGENT SCHOOL FUNDING REQUEST! The majority of Muraoka’s budget allocation comes from the LCFF, or Local Control Funding Formula. The amount of money Muraoka receives is based on the income levels of our families. This information is gathered through the LCFF District Survey that was due September 6. The survey asks:
- – How many people are living in your home?
- – What is your total household monthly income?The District uses the answers to this survey to calculate how much money each school receives. Benefits for your child(ren) include:
- – Instructional materials
- – Classroom technology
- – Additional staffing to provide supports for students
- – Extended learning opportunities for students
- – Before and after school programs
Last year, Muraoka received funding for almost 200 students. This year, very few surveys were returned. Unless surveys are returned, Muraoka’s funding will be severely restricted. PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO ACCESS THE SURVEY THAT TAKES LESS THAN TWO MINUTES TO COMPLETE. New due date is Thursday, September 16.
THERE WERE NO NEW COVID CASES REPORTED LAST WEEK! ZERO NEW CASES!!! What great news! We can all be proud that our collective diligence has resulted in a 100% COVID-free week! Special thanks to our Associate Principal, Mrs. Felicitas Rayray, for her efforts on reporting, notifying families, and tracking COVID cases. To date, Muraoka has had a total of 34 COVID cases. This is just under 3.5% of our student population. We are grateful that to our knowledge, none of our students have been seriously ill. We continue to work diligently to ensure mask-wearing, monitor possible COVID symptoms, and notify and follow up with COVID cases and close contacts. Thank you for your continued support with keeping your children at home if they have any COVID symptoms and letting the office know the reason for your children’s absences. Please continue to contact us with any COVID-related questions. Please email COVID test results to our Attendance/Health Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WEARING YOUR MASKS ON CAMPUS AT ALL TIMES!
- – REMINDER OF IMPORTANT MASK MANDATES: The Chula Vista Elementary Board of Education approved the following changes to the COVID-19 Prevention Plan, effective three weeks ago:
- – PARENTS and other adults MUST always WEAR MASKS ON ALL DISTRICT PROPERTY, which includes the parking lot and while waiting at the gates before and after school. Administrators are expected to enforce these new mandates.PTO NEWS!
– PTO is accepting nominations for Treasurer. The PTO Treasurer is responsible for receiving all monies of the PTO, keeping accurate records of all spending and receiving, planning the annual budget, and distributing funds authorized by the PTO. Please submit nominations to email@example.com and or, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Muraoka Dine-Out is scheduled at Taqueria Revolución, September 15th from 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
– Membership Drive Kick Off. Register Today! Contact the front office, email email@example.com, or visit our webpage muraokapto.membershiptoolkit.com to register. The top three classes with the most PTO registrations will WIN SPECIAL INCENTIVES and PRIZES.
– Fall Book Fair Family Night is scheduled for October 8th from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Come enjoy story time, browse our books for sale, and enjoy some local vendor food. The class with the most books donated to their classroom teacher will win a PTO sponsored Classroom Party.
– Fall Book Fair will continue October 11- 13th after school from 2:30- 3:30 p.m. outside the MPR.
WE HAVE THREE PARENT NOMINEES FOR OUR ONE VACANT SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL (SSC) POSITION! Thank you so much to all nominees. Ballots will be emailed tomorrow! Please vote for ONE nominee to represent parents on the SSC.
Muraoka needs a representative to the District’s Budget Advisory Committee (BAC). The parent representative will learn about school and District budget processes and provide valuable input on District budget priorities. The parent is Muraoka’s site’s voice on the district’s budget planning and will report information back to our School Site Council. They will help keep our school community updated on District budget activities and the impact on our school site budget. Please contact the school office if you are willing to be Muraoka’s representative to the District BAC. The first BAC meeting is a virtual meeting. It will be held on Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Dr. Erin Mahoney, Muraoka Principal, will return to Muraoka for the second quarter. I know that students, staff, and families will be as excited to see her as she will be to see you! It has been a pleasure serving your wonderful children as Interim Principal this quarter. I will miss them! Very best wishes to all of you for a wonderful rest of the year!!! Sincerely, Lisa Parker
Monday, September 20- Tuesday, October 5
Thursday, October 7 FRIDAY, October 8
Virtual SSC Meeting
PTO Book Fair Family Night
Monday, October 11-
Wednesday, October 13 Book Fair continues 2:30-3:30 outside the MPR
Wednesday, October 13 District Budget Advisory Committee (BAC)