We are heading into our last week of April with plenty happening on campus. As we celebrate The Month of the Military Child, we are also preparing for State and Local Measures testing. Please read below for more information and let’s make it a great week!
Month of the Military Child Events:
Our weekly Blacktop Assembly has been moved to Tuesday (4/26) where students will enjoy the Navy Brass Band in honor of The Month of the Military Child. Be sure to Purple Up! for this awesome event.
In addition, we are proud to host our Military connected families on campus for Breakfast and Books on Friday, April 29th, at 7:30 am. All students and staff are invited to wear red, white, and blue on Friday, 4/29, in honor of our military connected students.
New Military Family Life Counselor:
We are very proud to introduce Ms. Daniella Esparza, as our new Military Family Life Counselor (MFLAC). Muraoka has the highest percentage of military connected students in CVESD and we are so fortunate to have this added support on campus.
State and Local Measures Testing:
At our ELAC meeting on Thursday, April 21, we presented information about upcoming State and Local Measures testing. We are including the presentation Testing Presentation Parents for all families to preview.
- Arrive on time- Testing will begin promptly at the start of the school day
- Eat a healthy breakfast on campus or at home- start the day with a meal that includes healthy energy boosting foods such as eggs or whole wheat toast!
- Get a good night’s rest- at least 8-10 hours of sleep will prepare students to do their best!
- Think positive thoughts-you can encourage your child to take slow deep breaths and think of something that makes them happy if they start to feel stressed during the test.
- Do your best- Our Momongas will do great! Encourage your child to do their best to show what they know and that they are ready!
Upcoming Events and Testing Dates for This Week:
4/25 No Blacktop Assembly
4/26 Purple Up For our military connected students
Blacktop Assembly with Navy Brass Band
4/26-4/29 5th Grade CAST (California Science Test)
4/26-4/29 iReady for kindergarten
4/27-4/28 iReady for 3rd Grade
4/27 Smarty Ants for 2nd Grade
4/29 Breakfast and Books with our military connected families (7:30am-8:00am)
4/29 Patriotic Friday- wear red, white and blue to honor our military connected students