It is hard to believe that we are starting our 5th week of the quarter! Our Momongas are working hard to finish their beginning of the year assessments and learn the routines and procedures of their new grade. We are so proud of them! Please read carefully for this week’s important announcements.
Thank you for exiting campus quickly at our 8:15 bell. Thanks to you we have been able to lock the gates approximately 3 minutes after the bell has rung. This is impressive considering the size of our school. Please continue to keep the following in mind:
- Please opt to send an email or dojo message to the classroom teacher if there is something that needs to be communicated at the start of the day.
- Please allow only the teacher to walk students into the building
- Breakfast: Only Muraoka students should sit in the arbor to enjoy our school breakfast. Please stand around the perimeter of the lunch arbor if you are accompanying your child during this time.
Traffic and Safety
It takes all our entire community to help uphold the safety expectations. When we do not, it compromises the safety of everyone, but most importantly, the safety of our students. If you are interested in volunteering to help with traffic control, please email email@example.com
Here are a few important reminders:
- Walk to school if you can!
- Muraoka has only ONE drop off loop: the southern parking lot directly in front of the front office.
- Red Curbs – “as required under California Vehicle Code Section 21458(a)(1), a curb painted red shall indicate no stopping, standing, or parking whether the vehicle is attended or unattended.”
- Yellow curbs are for loading and unloading only – cars should not be parked and left unattended. If you are on a yellow curb, you should be in your vehicle.
- Use crosswalks for crossing the street and parking lot.
- When dropping students off, please be sure that they exit the vehicle on the right so that they get out directly onto the sidewalk closest to the school building.
- Follow traffic patterns and do not double park along parking spaces.
Thank you for your help in keeping our parking lot and neighbor safe, which ultimately keeps our students safe.
Campus Clinic, operated by COVID Clinic, is the organization that will be providing testing for students and staff here on campus each Wednesday at Muraoka Elementary.
Optional testing will take place every Wednesday. Campus Clinic staff will be on campus and will test only students and staff who have consent to be tested. PCR tests will be used, and results are shared with parent(s) via email within 24-48 hours. If your child has tested positive within the last 90 days, PCR tests are NOT recommended because they can pick up small fragments of the virus. Antigen testing is not available through Campus Clinic yet. If that changes, we will let our community know.
If you did not receive an email from Campus Clinic and want to have your child participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be able to assist you with registration. Our front office does not handle registration for testing. Again, this is optional.
APEX Fun Run:
Apex Leadership co. is our biggest fundraiser effort of the school year. Apex combines fitness, fundraising and leadership into a united event that will build student character and raise funds for our school. Please be on the lookout for pledge packets on August 15th. The fundraiser culminates with a fun-run on August 26th for grades K-6. Each classroom teacher will be looking for 2 parent volunteers to help on the day of the event. Approved volunteers, staff and students will be the only people this event will be able to accommodate. Please wait for more information through your classroom teacher.
ELAC and SSC Parent Representatives: We are looking for a parent representative for these two committees. Please email Mrs. Rayray by August 12th if you are interested in serving as a parent representative for either committee. email@example.com
8/16 Apex Leadership Assembly for Students
8/17 – RUBIO’S DINE OUT @4 – 8 P.M.
8/15 – 8/26 – APEX Fun Run
8/18 ELAC Parent Meeting in MPR 8:30 am
8/18 Parent Volunteer Training in MPR 9:30 am or 4:30pm
8/18 – BLAC MEETING @ 6 – 7 P.M ZOOM
8/25 Apex Fun Run Event!
8/25 New Date: SSC Meeting 3:00 pm
9/8 – BLAC MEETING @ 6 – 7 P.M.
9/12 – 9/16 BOOK FAIR
9/26 – 10/7 – FALL BREAK
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. Email is still the best way to reach us.
Mrs. Rayray and Mrs. Callado