This week, we are preparing for our upcoming and well-deserved Winter Break. In true Muraoka fashion, we are making our last week of 2022 a memorable one! We have our Holiday Spirit Week and will also be playing the World Cup Games on Tuesday and Wednesday for our Momongas to enjoy during lunch. We hope that all our Muraoka Families use the Winter Break to rest, recharge and enjoy their favorite holiday traditions. We look forward to receiving our Momongas on campus in 2023!
Mrs. Mazeau and Mrs. Rayray
We can’t wait to see all our Momongas decked out in their holiday gear this week! Reminders have been posted on Dojo but here is a peek at the week for your reference.
Spreading Holiday Cheer at Muraoka Sign Up Genius:
Thank you to all of our Momonga Families who have so kindly donated to our efforts to spread holiday cheer on campus and recognize our incredible staff. There is still time to sign up if you are able to contribute.
Rainy Day Procedures:
We are expecting rain on Monday! In the event that it is actively raining, the Momonga Monday Assembly will be postponed to Friday, December 16th and we will default to our rainy day procedures. Please ensure that your child is dressed for the weather and below you will find some additional reminders:
- North Gate (Santa Diana) will open at 7:35 for Breakfast Only. Please do not drop off your child prior to 7:35am. Students will eat in the Multi Purpose room. Unfortunately, there is very limited space and we are unable to accommodate parents in the MPR on rainy days.
- Front gates for students who are NOT eating breakfast will open at 8am.
- At 8 am, K-2 Students will report to the Innovation Center to wait for their classroom teacher. Thank you for dropping off at the double glass sliding doors as we are unable to accommodate parents in the Innovation Center.
- At 8am, 3-6th grade students will report directly to their classrooms.
If it is actively raining at dismissal:
- Kindergarten students are dismissed from the Innovation Center where they were dropped off
- 1st grade students are dismissed from the Multipurpose Room
- 2nd-6th grade students are dismissed from the front gates as usual.
New Report Cards for Quarter 2
This quarter CVESD has created a new Progress Report (report card) for reporting grades. There will be a revised rubrics utilized by teachers to identify your child’s progress towards the grade-level standards throughout the year. To assist with helping families understand the changes to the reporting process, we will be sending home resources and a parent guide to accompany the updates with the report card. We hope you find the updates beneficial to understanding your child’s academic progress throughout the year. You may reach out to your child’s teacher if you have further questions. Report cards will be sent home by the end of the quarter on Friday, December 16, 2022.
New Pick Up Procedures for 2023:
We are aware of the standing congestion our families experience in the front of the school during our daily dismissal. Beginning in January 2023, we will be making some changes to 1st-6th grade dismissal procedures that we hope will improve this congestion. Please note that NO changes will be made to Kindergarten dismissal. Kindergarten dismissal will remain the same. Here are some changes you will see in January 2023:
- Teachers in grades 1st-6th will dismiss students from the building but will not be walking students to the gate.
- Gates will open prior to dismissal to allow families on campus to meet their student in a predesignated area selected by you (i.e. lunch tables, wall ball courts, play structure, side gate, front of school etc).
- There will be no changes for students who get picked up by car. Students will proceed to the car loop.
- There will be no changes for students who walk home. Students will proceed off campus and home immediately.
- All students and families are expected to proceed off campus as soon as pick up takes place. Unfortunately, there will not be any opportunities for students to stay and play on the playground, play structure, wall bar court etc.
- Students not picked up will be sent to the front office at 3pm.
We are still refining these procedures, please expect reminders before we return on January 10th, 2023.
12/12 – Momonga Monday & Model Momonga Recognitions! Wear your Spirit Wear or School Colors. In the case of rain, the Momonga Monday Assembly and Recognitions will be on Friday, December 16th.
12/12- Winter Wonderland: Wear winter clothing such as beanies, scarves, and mittens
12/13 Pajama Day: Wear your jammies to school!
12/14 Holiday Head to Toe: Wear Hats/Head Pieces and Socks that reflect the holiday you celebrate in December
12/15 Mad for Plaid: Wear your flannel or plaid
12/16 Sweater Weather: Wear your favorite Holiday Sweater, shirt or vest.
12/16 – Report cards sent home
12/19-1/9 – Winter Break
1/10 – Students Return! Minimum Day!